The future of our institution will be secured by providing services invaluable to the population of South Carolina and providing a positive environment for our students, faculty and staff in which to grow and learn.
Foster Staff Development, Recruitment & Retention
- Increase professional development programs and training for faculty and staff.
- Expand peer mentoring and feedback program for faculty.
- Evaluate business case scenarios that would enhance compensation packages to benefit faculty and staff recruitment and retention.
- Develop robust mentoring opportunities for career development of new faculty members.
Secure the Financial Longevity & Sustainability of Our College
- Seek novel funding opportunities for oral health promotion, education and scientific research.
- Strengthen partnerships with alumni and corporations to serve as a resource for them, to encourage private support/endowment from them, and to solicit their advocacy on our behalf with the state legislature.
Improve Visibility at University, State & National Levels
- Increase awareness of our dental clinic services by improving marketing and web presence.
- Streamline patient screening process and expedite access into programs.
Retain, Hire & Inspire a Diverse Workforce
- Increase student applicants from underrepresented minorities through pipeline development programs.
- Seek scholarship opportunities for underrepresented minorities.
- Nourish diversity and cultural competence among students, faculty and staff.
- Promote cultural sensitivity and respect for differences in alignment with the University Strategic Plan for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Increase students’ access to a diverse patient population.