General Admission Information
All applications to the College of Graduate Studies must be submitted online. Applicants who are unable to apply online must petition the Office of the Dean for special accommodation explaining why you are unable to apply online. The application fee is waived for applicants to all Ph.D. programs (except the Nursing Ph.D.) who are US citizens or Permanent Residents of the US. All other applicants must pay the $95 online application fee. More information about applying can be found on the Admissions page.
The admissions process is a rolling one and applicants are encouraged to submit and complete application materials early. Deadlines for the MS programs are listed on their respective application pages.
Admissions materials should be sent to:
Medical University of South Carolina
Office of Enrollment Management
Graduate Studies Admissions
45 Courtenay Drive, MSC 203
Charleston, SC 29425-0203
Required Application Materials
- MUSC University Application.
- Official GRE Scores
- If you are submitting official GRE scores, they must be submitted to MUSC directly from the Education Testing Service (ETS) and must be less than five years old. Please allow two to three weeks for official scores to reach MUSC. The institution code for submission of GRE scores to MUSC is R5407. For information on how to prepare for the GRE test, including free practice tests, see the ETS website.
- Graduate Studies Reference Forms
- Three references forms must be submitted by current/former advisors, supervisors, or faculty with a letter of reference. Reference forms will be provided electronically to the applicant at the time of online application submission.
- Original Official Transcripts
- Original official transcripts from all colleges ever attended: MUSC accepts transcripts directly from the Registrar's office of the institution by mail, by fax at (843-792-6615), and electronically. The applicant may also deliver or mail official transcripts to MUSC if the transcript remains in an envelope sealed or stamped by the Registrar's office at the institution. Find more information about sending transcripts.