Graduation Forms & Information
Please be aware of the dates and requirements below if you will be graduating in May 2019.
- Complete the Commencement Application to order your diploma and regalia. Students planning to participate in the May commencement ceremony should submit your application before January 1, 2018 to meet the deadline for ordering regalia.
- All students must have an exit interview with the dean. Contact Ms. Amy Conolly to schedule. Please complete the online Student Survey prior to your exit interview.
- Complete the Graduate Information Form (PDF) and return it to the Dean's Office. (Not applicable for M.D./Ph.D. or D.M.D./Ph.D. students returning to COM or CODM.)
- Theses/Dissertations are to be submitted as PDFs to MEDICA, MUSC's Institutional Repository, no later than the last day of classes for the semester. Failure to do so will result in the completion date being moved to the following semester and the student will be responsible for paying for tuition out of pocket.
- Complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates through their electronic registration process by following the instructions found at the link. (Not required for MS students.)
- Final Requirements Checklist (PDF)
The only graduation ceremony for MUSC is in the spring. Degree candidates wishing to participate in the Hooding Ceremony and/or the Graduation Ceremony must complete all requirements prior to the last designated day for the appropriate semester. The Hooding Ceremony and a Day of Celebration for the graduates takes place on the Friday before the University Commencement on Saturday. Refer to the University Academic Calendar for the upcoming dates. If you have any questions or concerns about graduation, please contact Dodie Weise.
Hooding Ceremony 2019 - Friday May 17, 2019, 9:30 a.m. at St. Luke's Chapel
Commencement 2019 - Saturday, May 18, 2019, 9:00 a.m. at the MUSC Horseshoe