Plan of Study
The information on this page is intended for the MHA-Executive Program only.
Depending upon the program of study, students will be enrolled in 2 or 3 Internet-based courses each semester. Most courses are offered in a blended format, meaning they are Internet based and include a long weekend where they meet face to face on campus. Full time students will take three courses and part time students will take two courses each semester. The on-campus sessions are generally offered in June, September, and January of each academic year. Each course offered in the blended format meets for 16 hours over the four-day period. Both full and part time incoming students in the Executive program begin in the Summer semester.
Please note: Semesters begin approximately 2 to 3 weeks before the on-campus sessions are held. Check with the division for each semester's start date.
- Summer 2019: June 1 to June 4
- Fall 2019: Sept 7 to Sept 10
The Executive MHA curriculum consists of 54 semester hours: 51 semester hours of core coursework and 3 semester hours of elective coursework.
- Health Policy*
- Health Economics
- Health Care Delivery Systems*
- Health Behavior and Epidemiology*
- Decision Analytics
- Statistical Analysis in Health Systems
- Health Care Accounting
- Financial Management
- Seminar in Ethical Leadership
- Health Law and Risk Management*
- Organization Theory and Behavior
- Management and Health Information Systems*
- Strategic Management and Marketing
- Human Resources Management
- Reimbursement Systems
- Quality Management in Health Care Services
- Project Management
*Denotes completely Internet-based course.
Students may select one of the following courses:
- Health Care Financing
- Managing Across the Continuum of Care
- Systems Analysis and Design
Please note: Courses and requirements may change as deemed necessary and appropriate.
State Authorization Information:
Due to various Department of Education and state higher education regulations, MUSC's Master in Health Administration is currently only authorized to enroll students residing in certain states which are shown here: State Authorization
We are actively pursuing authorizations in other states. If you are a resident of a state which is not included in the list above, please contact Dr. Jami Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org