Skip to content
Roles of the Director & Assistant Directors of Clinical Education (With Administrative Support)
The Director of Clinical Education
- Plans, implements, and refines the academic clinical education component in collaboration with the academic faculty, clinical instructors, and students.
- Communicates and coordinates the flow of information between the affiliated sites and the academic institution.
- Maintains updated clinical education files on each facility including contracts, Clinical Site Information Forms (CSIF), and student evaluations.
- Maintains student clinical education files including clinical performance evaluations, necessary paperwork for clinical affiliations, and the student clinical information sheet (for up to date contact information while on affiliations).
- Coordinates the preparation, assignment, and supervision of students during clinical experiences.
- Communicates with clinical education faculty and students before, during, and after clinical education experiences.
- Provides or coordinates counseling and remedial intervention on an as needed basis.
- Recruits and develops new clinical sites on an as needed basis.
- Assists clinical faculty development.
- Assigns final grade for each clinical education experience.
- Coordinates clinical site visits.