Skip to content
Expected Student Outcomes CP 2
- Student performance ratings are expected to progress along the continuum ranging from a minimum of advanced beginner clinical performance (interval 2) at midterm to advanced intermediate clinical performance (interval 4) at final. The ratings on the performance criteria will be dependent upon the clinical setting.
- Demonstrated consistent, advanced intermediate to entry-level performance in the red-flag performance criteria. These criteria are considered foundational and related behaviors should be inherent to the student, with clinical instructors only noting if the behaviors are inappropriate or insufficient. If no deficiencies are noted, it is assumed the student is demonstrating appropriate entry-level performance.
- Documented developing competence in the remaining performance criteria. Specifically, students are expected to advance in all criteria as compared to the earlier clinic practicum experience. Advancement might be in the context of patient volume, patient acuity and/or patient complexity.
- Operationalization of internal schemata for administration of patient/client evaluations typical of the facility evidenced by organization in administration of patient/client evaluations.
- Proficiency in basic patient care skills, respective of the facility.
- Proficiency in patient/client interventions that were repeated throughout the experience.
- Productivity in patient/client management as specified by student/CI established practicum goals. Entry-level productivity may become a reasonable outcome in this experience, dependent upon the student’s prior and future assignments for practicums. Entry-level productivity is reasonable in settings where patient/client mix and acuity is somewhat predictable.