Skip to content
Expected Student Outcomes CP 3
- Students are expected to demonstrate consistent performance between advanced intermediate and entry level in all eighteen (18) performance criteria by final assessment. The red-flag performance criteria are considered foundational and related behaviors should be inherent to the student, with clinical instructors only noting if the behaviors are inappropriate or insufficient. If no deficiencies are noted, it is assumed the student is demonstrating appropriate entry-level performance.
- Specifically, students are expected to advance in all eighteen (18) criteria as compared to earlier clinic practicum experience. Advancement might be in the context of patient volume, patient acuity and/or patient complexity.
- Operationalization of internal schemata for administration of patient/client evaluations typical of the facility evidenced by organization in administration of patient/client evaluations.
- Proficiency in patient care skills, respective of the facility.
- Proficiency in patient/client interventions that were repeated throughout the experience.
- Productivity in patient/client management as specified by student/CI established practicum goals approaching entry-level productivity is an expected outcome in this experience.
- Demonstrate attributes of professionalism by collaborating with the clinical instructor to maximize the learning experience, taking responsibility for attaining professional competence by seeking out learning activities and responding constructively to feedback.