The Student Diversity Leadership Council (SDLC) is a student-led organization within the College of Health Professions (CHP) promoting the awareness of diversity related issues and providing service to underserved communities in the Charleston area. Through interdisciplinary awareness, this organization encourages future Health care professionals to engage in the diverse culture of Health care today.
Meetings are used to discuss upcoming events and activities as well as to serve as a time for engaging presentations and panels related to diversity. Events sponsored by SDLC in 2018 to 2019 include:
- Gullah Ghost Stories and Silent Auction to benefit the Kim Martino Scholarship Fund
- CHP Chat: Meet and Greet with MUSC Diversity Leaders
- LQBT+ Panel
- “Using Diversity as Strengths in Leadership” with Guest Speaker Anton Gunn, MUSC Health Chief Diversity Officer
- SDLC Town Hall
- Health Disparities Panel
Past activities have also included:
- MUSC Sugar Free Fall Festival
- Camp Happy Days Cabooty Christmas Party and Holiday Giving Program
- Burke High School Mentoring Program
- Ernest E. Just Symposium
- CHP Health Advisors Day
- CHP Student Diversity Event
- Charity Bowling Tournament
- Community Compass Project
SDLC offers leadership opportunities for students who are seeking to exert leadership capabilities. The following list outlines leadership opportunities:
- Vice President
- Event Chair
- Campus Liaisons
SDLC activities and programs are open to ALL CHP students and faculty.
If you are interested in joining SDLC or learning more about it, please contact the Staff Advisor, Phillip Griggs, email@example.com.