- Provision of Clinical Data Warehouse (CDW) services for research; exploration of electronic medical data while protecting patient confidentiality and data security, using IRB approved methodologies and serving IRB approved research protocols. Please see our CDW services for research for more information.
- Access to the state-wide Health Sciences South Carolina or HSSC Clinical Data Warehouse and i2b2 installation (including MUSC data).
- The Hollings Cancer Center (HCC) and SCTR have collaborated to provide a common infrastructure to manage and track bio-specimen information using TissueMetrix (TMX) software from Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, Inc. Please see Biorepository Data Services for more information.
- The consolidated eIRB system. Click Commerce implementation at MUSC as well as multiple other hospitals including USC, Greenville Hospital System, Spartanburg Regional Hospital System, and Palmetto Health. Please see eIRB Training and Guidance for more information.
- Development of software solutions for SCTR applications such as SPARC, MAP-R (MUSC Approval Plans for Research tool), Research Toolkit, and the Clinical Trials Registry.
- Implementation of REDCap data capture software tool; a tool developed by Vanderbilt University that provides secure, web-based applications to support research studies data gathering needs and survey tools. Please see our REDCap services for more information.
- To request BMIC services please go to SPARC Request.
- Palmetto Profiles enables the discovery of research expertise at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) and soon at other HSSC supported institutions. It provides new ways to create online bios, enhance the visibility of faculty on search engines, and identify potential collaborators, researchers, experts, and mentors. It includes several visualization tools to browse networks of collaborators, view timelines of publication keywords, wordclouds, and many other tools that facilitate the discovery of research networks, team formation, and networking between the research community and industry partners, and much more.
- To request IT support, please go to BMIC Help Desk.