The BioSpec 70/30 MRI scanner is a multipurpose system for high-resolution MR spectroscopy and imaging. It operates at 7 Tesla, and has a warm bore diameter of 30 cm. The system is equipped with a 12 cm gradient and shim coil set (B-GA 12S2), capable of generating maximum gradient amplitude of 440 mT/m, rise time of 80 to 120 us, slew rate of 4570 T/m/s, and 4-channel receiver for multi-coil operation.
The center has one 86 mm 1H wuadrature volume transmitting only coil, one 72 mm 1H quadrature volume transmit-receive coils (rat), one 72 mm 1H linear volume transmit-receive coils (rat), one 35mm 1H quadrature volume transmit-receive coils (mouse), one phased array 1H rat brain surface coil, and one phased array 1H mouse brain surface coil. One 1H surface coild for mice and rats scanning.
The operating console has Paravision 5.1 and 6.0.1, which features the following: built-in parallel acquisition; push-button GRAPPA reconstruction; EPI, navigator techniques for motion reduction; ultra-short TE acquisition; Half-Fourier encoding; self-gated IntraGate; real-time display of acquired and reconstructed data; sophisticated data archiving including DICOM export; and enhanced 2D and 3D data visualization.
The instrument is ideal for the following purposes: 2D and/or 3D high resolution anatomical imaging; diffusion and diffusion tensor imaging; flow imaging; cardiac imaging; dynamic contrast imaging; functional MRI; chemical shift imaging: and localized spectroscopy.
Small animal MRI-compatible monitoring and gating system (Model 1025) is from Small Animal Instruments (Stony Brook, NY, USA). It allows monitoring core temperature, ECG, breathing frequency, blood oxygen level, and pulse rate.
Small Animal Imaging Location:
Bioengineering Building, RM 235
68 President Street
Charleston, SC 29425
Pre-Clinical Anesthesia System (Small Animal)
- Manufacturer: Summit Anesthesia Solutions.
- Suitable for mouse and rat models.
- Complete with isoflurane vaporizer, rodent induction chamber, and tubing to maintain the rodents under anesthesia during MRI scanning.
Beds & Cradles for Biospec Systems 7T MRI
- Manufacturer: Bruker
- Rat and mice beds and cradles.
- Equipped with a nose cone for gas anesthesia, three point fixation system (tooth-bar and ear plugs), openings for throat access and stabilization of body temperature.
Monitoring Gating & Heater System
- Manufacturer: Small Animal Instruments, Inc.
- Model: 1025.
- Physiological monitoring and gating needs for anesthetized mice and rats in the MR environment.
- Monitoring: Electrocardiography (ECG, temperature), respiration, blood pressure, and auxiliary channels.
- Gating: ECG, respiratory, ECG and respiratory, auxiliary inputs.
- Heater system controls the temperature of small animals undergoing imaging procedure.
- Phased array 1H rat brain coil.
- Phased array 1H mouse brain coil.
- 1H surface coils.
- 35 mm 300W 1H quadrature transceiver volume coil.
- 72 mm 1000W 1H linear transceiver volume coil.
- 72 mm 1000W 1H quadrature transceiver volume coil.
- 86 mm 1000W 1H circular polarized transceiver volume coil