The purpose of the University Internal Medicine Rapid Access Center (RAC) is to:
- Provide same day access for adult acute care needs especially for MUSC employees, spouse and adult children.
- Improve acute care service responsiveness of University Internal Medicine practice.
- The RAC strives to provide excellent focused care in a brief appointment (10 minutes).
The RAC provides limited services, including treatment and care for:
- Sinus Infection
- Musculoskeletal Pain (excludes chest pain)
- Vaginal Discharge
- Ear Pain
- Joint Pain
- Pink Eye
- Skin Infection
- Sore Throat
To schedule a RAC appointment please call 843-876-0888. Please bring your insurance card and co-pay at the time of the appointment.
(If your condition is related to an injury at work you will need to go to Employee Health)
Individuals who can be seen in the RAC:
- Employees, including established UIM patients
- Temp employees*
* We recommend you speak with a Financial Counselor to ensure coverage.
Hours of Operation (Monday- Friday):
- 8 a.m. to Noon; 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The RAC discourages "walk-ins" in order to better provide rapid access and turnaround. Please call to schedule an appointment.
8th Floor Rutledge Tower