Welcome to the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) Department of Medicine!
We are pleased that you have decided to join the MUSC community. Below we have provided information on how to transition your research from your previous institution.
Prior to Arrival at MUSC:
- The Grants and Finance Team will reach out to you to set up a meeting to review the onboarding process, including the transfer of any grants. Prior to this meeting, we will send you a link to your MUSC Box folder (MUSC’s cloud service). Your folder will include the onboarding checklist and any other related documents.
- Throughout this process, both the PI and Team will work on the checklist before arrival to ensure a smooth transition to MUSC.
After Arrival at MUSC:
- Within the first month of arrival, we will schedule a meeting with Dr. Jim Oates, Vice Chair for Research in the Department, to discuss your research and future plans.
- We will also schedule a meeting to guide you through the processes all research faculty at MUSC should be aware of:
- DOM “Grant Information Form” Policy
- DOM and Institutional grant submission deadlines and policies
- The Central Research Administration website.
- Visit the MUSC Central Research Portals website for information on Conducting Research at MUSC, Funding Portal, and Research Support Services.
- Effort Reporting Policy
- Proposal peer-review via the MUSC CTSA (NIH Clinical Translational Science Award)
- The Office of Research & Sponsored Programs (ORSP) will notify the PI and Team when the Relinquishing Statement from your previous institution becomes available. The transfer application can be completed and routed to ORSP for review and submission. ORSP has information that is helpful for completing the transfer application.
The Grants and Finance Team
Rebekah Shinta, Director, Grants Administration
Joe Gough, Facilities
Phallan Robbins, Research Reporting Manager