Ongoing Research Support
- R01DC014021 (NIH/NIDCD) Bonilha (PI) 07/01/2014 - 07/01/2019
Brain Connectivity Supporting Language Recovery in Aphasia.
Major Goal: To investigate how residual structural connectivity enables recovery from aphasia in individuals who suffered a stroke
- 15SFDRN26030003 (American Heart Association) Bonilha (PI) 07/01/2015 - 07/01/2019
Influence of Pre-Morbid Brain Health on Stroke Recovery.
Major Goal: To investigate how pre-stroke brain health can affect recovery from stroke with regards to focal neurological deficits and quality of life.
- U01DC011739 (NIH/NIDCD) Fridriksson (PI) 04/09/2012 - 04/09/2017
Trans-cranial Direct Current Stimulation to Treat Aphasia: Phase II Trial.
Major Goal: To investigate the adjunctive role of brain stimulation during aphasia treatment.
Role: To help recruit patients in the multi-site trial. To analyze functional MRI data and aid treatment of aphasia (Co-Investigator).
- P50 DC014664 (NIH/NIDCD) Fridriksson (PI) 04/14/2016 - 04/14/2021
Center for the Study of Aphasia Recovery (C-STAR) P50 DC014664
Major Goal: To evaluate mechanisms associated with language impairment and recovery after brain injury. (Co-Investigator).
Completed Research Support (Last Three Years):
- R01 NS054266 (NIH/NINDS) Rorden (PI) 08/01/2006 - 07/31/2011
Dissociating Components of the Attentional Network in Neglect.
Major Goal: To investigate brain damage associated with neglect in stroke patients.
- R01 DC011739 (NIH/NIDCD) Fridriksson (PI) 04/01/2007 - 03/31/2013
Neurological Predictors of Anomia Recovery in Aphasia.
Major Goal: This project investigates the relationship between cortical integrity and outcome of anomia treatment in stroke patients with aphasia.
- 5R01NS35929 (NIH/NINDS) Binder (PI) 06/15/2011 - 06/15/2016
Presurgical applications of fMRI in Epilepsy.
Major Goal: To investigate the role of functional MRI in the pre-surgical evaluation of epilepsy.
See a list of Dr. Bonilha's publications