- Routine tissue and cell processing for fixed paraffin-embedded and/or cryopreserved samples
- Special tissue processing including decalcification and special orientation
- Microtomy for production of paraffin or frozen sections
- Staining protocols including routine histochemical staining, special stains, and immunohistochemical procedures including immunofluorescence.
- Consultation, with the Director, for immuno-protocol development with troubleshooting and assistance in analysis and interpretation of results.
Ms. Romano has over 35 years of experience as a histo-technologist working in both clinical and research settings. Her prior experience within the surgical pathology setting facilitates her coordination of tissue collection and processing for routine and special staining protocols.