Skip to content
Discoveries & Related Links
- Repeated alcohol detoxifications can lead to an increase in seizure risk.
- Use of benzodiazepines for multiple withdrawals is associated with increased drinking.
- Outpatient alcohol withdrawal can be accomplished more safely with anticonvulsant medications.
- Developed clinical laboratory procedures for evaluating pharmacotherapeutic effects on indices of craving and motivation to drink.
- Brains of alcoholics react to alcohol cues differently from social drinkers and medications can block that reaction.
- Established widely-used mouse model of alcohol dependencies and relapse drinking.
- Showed that alcohol directly disrupts neutral network patterns of activity in the prefrontal cortex.