We offer a broad range of clinical services to a wide number of patient groups including Transplant surgery, Bariatric surgery, Chronic Pancreatitis, Psycho-oncology, Cystic Fibrosis, cardiovascular, pulmonary, and chronic pain with an emphasis on coping and adjustment to chronic health conditions, health behavior change, adherence behaviors, and management of co-morbid psychiatric conditions. We offer individual and group therapy to facilitate improvement of mood and well-being secondary to physical illness, improvements in health behaviors, and reduction of physical symptom experience (e.g., pain) while improving quality of life.
Empirically-based individual and group therapies and medication management to patients diagnosed with a variety of chronic medical conditions as outlined below.
- Behavioral, psychological, and psychiatric management of a wide range of medical conditions, syndromes, and disorders.
- Pre-surgical evaluation, testing, and pre-habilitation for an array of transplant patients and surgery candidates.
(Divisions: Nephrology, Hepatology, Pulmonology, Cardiology)
- Conduct pre-surgical psychosocial evaluations for heart, liver, lung, kidney, living donor candidates.
- Provide evidence-based therapeutic services for patients both pre and post-transplant including psychotherapies (group and individual) and pharmacotherapies.
- Treatment focuses on adjustment to chronic health conditions, health behavior change, and adherence behaviors, management of co-morbid psychiatric conditions.
- Conduct pre-surgical psychosocial evaluations for patients seeking weight-loss surgeries (WLS).
- Provide evidence-based therapeutic services for patients both pre and post-WLS including psychotherapies and pharmacotherapies.
- Treatment focuses on treating co-occurring psychiatric conditions, successful adjustment to WLS, optimizing adherence and health behavior change.
- Integrated behavioral medicine clinic focused on brief, solution-focused interventions at follow-up clinic.
Chronic Pancreatitis Management
- Conduct pre-surgical psychosocial evaluations for patients seeking Total Pancreatectomy with islet auto-transplantation (TPIAT).
- Provides evidence-based therapeutic services for patients both pre and post-TPIAT and also with chronic pancreatitis including psychotherapies and pharmacotherapies.
- Treatment focuses on improving coping with chronic medical condition, coping with chronic pain, and management of co-occurring psychiatric conditions.
- Provide pre-surgical evaluations for patients being considered for spinal cord stimulators.
- Comprehensive Pain Management Program for select patient group within GI surgery including opioid management.
- Opioid medication evaluation, monitoring, and outpatient detoxification.
- Behavioral and psychological approaches to pain management.
- Provide evidence-based therapeutic services for patients experiencing chronic pain due to wide range of etiologies including fibromyalgia, orthopedic pain, complex regional pain syndrome, pancreatitis, headache, etc.
- Provide evidence-based group treatment for chronic pain.
Pain Rehabilitation Program
- 3-week intensive, daily program for management of chronic pain with opioid tapering
- Provide co-located psychotherapeutic and pharmacotherapies at Hollings Cancer Center.
- Conduct pre-surgical evaluations for patients being considered for bone marrow transplant (BMT).
- Distress Screening Program for Hollings Cancer Center.
- Provide evidence-based therapeutic services for patients diagnosed with cancer and their families.
- Integrated behavioral medicine within CF clinic for adult and pediatric patients.
- Outpatient therapeutic services including psychotherapies and pharmacotherapies.
- Telemedicine visits are available as needed.
- Integrated behavioral medicine clinic focused on brief, solution-focused interventions.
Other General Chronic Medical Conditions
Applied Physiology/Biofeedback for Pain Management
Behavioral, Psychological, and Psychiatric Management of:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Crohn's Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Migraine, Tension and Cluster Headaches
- Non-epileptic Event Disorder
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Orthopedic Pain
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Endocrine Disorders
- Somatization Disorder
- Conversion Disorder