March 29-31, 2019
Hyatt Place Charleston
560 King Street
Charleston, South Carolina
At the conclusion of this conference, participants should be better able to:
- Identify the underlying mechanisms responsible for chronic pain
- Identify the most effective pharmacological treatments for pain based on mechanism
- Determine the optimal manner to incorporate non-pharmacological treatment of pain into clinical practice
- Evaluate and implement best screening practices in sarcoidosis patients, with a focus of “dangerous” organ involvement•Determine best approaches to select patients for treatment•Identify and implement new therapeutic options for treating sarcoidosis patients
- Identify the clinical features of ANCA-associated vasculitis
- Describe the approach to diagnosis for ANCA-associated vasculitis
- List the treatment options for ANCA-associated vasculitis
- Describe the diseases that can be associated with large vessel vasculitis
- Identify the clinical features associated with giant cell arteritis and Takayasu arteritis
- Discuss the treatment approaches to giant cell arteritis and Takayasu arteritis
The schedule for the South Carolina Rheumatism Society 2019 Annual Meeting can be viewed on the Conference Schedule Page.
The faculty listing for the South Carolina Rheumatism Society 2019 Annual Meeting conference can be viewed on the Conference Faculty Page.
The Medical University of South Carolina designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Medical University of South Carolina, and the South Carolina Rheumatism Society. The Medical University of South Carolina is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
In accordance with the ACCME Essentials & Standards, anyone involved in planning or presenting at this educational activity are required to disclose any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests in the health care industry. This information will be made available to participants at the beginning of the activity. Speakers who incorporate information about off label or investigational use of drugs or devices will be required to disclose that information at the beginning of their presentation.
A refund for conference registration will be made upon written request prior to March 1, 2019; however, $50 will be retained for administrative costs. No refunds will be made after March 1, 2019. We reserve the right to cancel the program if necessary. Full registration fees will be refunded for canceled programs. The Medical University cannot be responsible for reimbursement of airline or other transportation fees, hotel or rental car charges, including penalties. By registering for this conference, you acknowledge and agree to this cancellation policy.
Americans with Disabilities Act
If you feel you need services or the auxiliary aids mentioned in this act in order to fully participate in this continuing medical education activity, please call the Office of CME at (843) 876-1925 or attach a note to your registration.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hyatt Place Charleston, 560 King Street, Charleston, SC 29403. The conference rate is $259++ and the room block for Society registrants will be held until Friday, February 22, 2019. The room block may fill prior to February 22, 2019 and availability cannot be guaranteed. We suggest you make your reservation as soon as possible. To make your reservation, please call the hotel at 1-800-993-4751 and reference the SC Rheumatism Society Annual Meeting. You can also make your reservations by going to the Hyatt Place Room Block Reservation Page.
Parking: Current Parking fees per day are as follows: Valet Parking rate is currently $32.00 per day & will be charged to individual guest rooms on a nightly basis.Self-parking is located in the Charleston County Municipal Parking Garage located behind the Hotel. Self-parking is a separate charge paid directly to the garage upon exiting.The Charleston Airport is approximately 8 miles (30 minutes with traffic) from the downtown area.