A primary goal of the College of Medicine is to support and strengthen the research capabilities of its faculty. As part of this goal, we implemented the College of Medicine’s Bridge Funding program. The purpose of this program is to support investigators with established clinical or basic research programs during periods when a competitive renewal or "next stage" application is not funded. Applications are accepted three times per year - April 15, August 15, and December 15. If the fifteenth falls on a weekend, the Monday immediately following that weekend is the deadline. Read more about the application format.
Please email applications to Mary McConnell at email@example.com.
Bridge Funding Review Committee
A standing committee reviews applications to the Bridge Funding program. The Senior Associate Dean for Research, Craig Crosson, serves as chair of the committee.
Current committee members:
- Craig Crosson, Chair (Dean's Office)
- Judy Dubno (Otolaryngology)
- Marvella Ford (Biostatistics)
- Yiannis Koutalos (Ophthalmology)
- Louis Luttrell (Endocrinology)
- Don Menick (Medicine)
- Chrystal Paulos (Microbiology and Immunology)
- Steven Rosenzweig (Pharmacology)