Project Delay (3/20/20)
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, the library renovation slated to begin June 1 will be delayed until further notice. We are unable to use the 7th and 8th floors of the old Children’s Hospital for temporary relocations as these spaces will be used for overflow COVID-19 patient units. We are unsure how long the units will be in use for this purpose and we have no alternative space on campus to house dislocated groups. We know this is disappointing as we were all looking forward to getting work started. We are currently exploring options to determine whether it is feasible to move forward with the BSB classroom renovations as well as the construction of the new College of Pharmacy building and just delay the Colbert Library renovations. As soon as we have additional information, we will share it.
The project has 3 components:
- A two-story addition will be constructed along the south side of the Basic Science Building (facing the horseshoe) to create a new College of Pharmacy.
- Interior renovations to the
Basic Science Building
BSB 100, 202, 302, 402, 502 - auditorium and classrooms
BSB 103 - archives space
- Interior renovations
to the Colbert Education Center and Library
Relocation of sim center from College of Nursing to Library
Revamp of student lounge and study spaces
The project is tentatively scheduled to begin June 1, 2020, and is projected to last approximately 12 months.
Library occupants as well as some offices in the Basic Science Building that face the horseshoe must be vacated. We are projecting that these occupants will move in April and May. More information will be shared once the timeline has been solidified.
Temporary Office Locations
Below is a summary of where you will be able to find support services during construction:
- Library computer lab: 6th floor, Children's Hospital
- Library offices: 7th floor, Children's Hospital
- Library study rooms and open study space: 7th floor, Children's Hospital
- CCET: 7th floor, Children's Hospital
- College of Medicine student study space: 8th floor, Children's Hospital
- Center for Academic Excellence: 8th floor, Children's Hospital
- Diversity & Inclusion: 8th floor, Children's Hospital
- Innovation Station: 1st floor, 135 Cannon
New Classroom Furniture
Samples of classroom furniture have been installed in the back of the BSB 202 classroom. Please stop by, test it out, and email your feedback to email@example.com.