Last year, The Office of Humanities hosted our “Monster Read” for the 200th anniversary of Frankenstein.
This year, we’re reading Dreamland, an award-winning nonfiction book about the opioid crisis in America.
We have 100 free copies and will issue them first come, first served. Here’s how it works:
- You recruit a group of 2-5 individuals from the MUSC community and send us the names of those individuals.
- We provide each member of your group a copy of Dreamland.
- You pick up the books December 11, 2018 in the Colbert Education Center and Library Building lobby.
- We provide discussion questions and resources; you host a discussion at a place and time convenient to your members, any time between December 11, 2018 and April 1, 2019.
- You participate in an interactive panel discussion in March with members from other groups, students from other local institutions, and community members.
- In April, your group members complete a brief survey to assess your experience.
This initiative is sponsored by the Office of Humanities with support from MUSC Libraries.
Contact Lisa Kerr at firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order!