MUSC READS 2020
Free Books for MUSC Reading Groups!
Does compassion really matter in health care? This year’s MUSC READS book engages that question.
The Office of Humanities will provide free copies of Compassionomics to members of the MUSC community who agree to facilitate their own book discussion group between December 1, 2019 and April 2020.
Here’s how it works:
- You recruit a group of two or more individuals from the MUSC community and send us the names and emails of your group members.
- We’ll provide each member of your group a copy of Compassionomics.
- These books can be picked up in room 201 on the second floor of the Colbert Education Center and Library Building (in the CAE/Writing Center suite).
- You lead the discussion with your group at a place and time convenient to you.
- All participants are invited to see the final presentations of MUSC students in the “Compassion in Action” Student Leadership Program, whose projects are informed by the evidence around compassionate care. This event will be held on April 21st, 5-7pm and will include a reception.
A limited number of books are available. Contact Lisa Kerr at firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order before November 12th.