- All full and part-time Education and Student Life employees are eligible including temporary personnel
- All discussions that take place during committee meetings are strictly confidential
- Employee must be in good standing. An employee who is in progressive discipline, a warning period of substandard performance or similar circumstances is not eligible to participate in the employee recognition program. Faculty who have received notice of non-reappointment are not eligible to participate in the Program for the academic term(s) following notification of non-reappointment. *See Guidelines set by Executive Directors below.
- Employees are eligible to win one time during the fiscal year, but are eligible to become Employee of the Year
- If nominations are limited for the quarter then the proceeding quarterly nominees not selected should be considered
- As to the extent possible, pull yourself and personal influences about an employee out
- For multiple nominations, consolidate into one overall survey
- If you are unsure about an item on the survey, or if the nomination does not address the specific topic, leave it blank (would not factor into the results).
- Encourage more than less winners for each quarter
- Consider each department in the division
- No one serving on the committee may be nominated
- Conflict of Interest: To ensure the program remains as equitable as possible, Selection Committee Members should not participate either formally or informally in decisions regarding family members or individuals with whom they have close emotional ties.
- The committee’s recommendations will go to the Associate Provost for Education and Student Life who will make the final decision
Guidelines set by Executive Directors
- All selection committee members have a vote on Employee of the Year regardless if absent on the day the vote is taken (Asking to allow absentee votes)
- Wendy Littlejohn has been appointed as official advisor to the committee
- The Committee Chairman will send the names of the nominees to Wendy Littlejohn before sharing the list with other Committee Members. She will confirm with the Executive Directors that each employee is in good standing per the eligibility requirements above. Once confirmation is received, the Committee Chairman will provide the names to the Selection Committee for consideration. This protects our employees and is designed to keep personnel matters confidential.
- Each Quarter, one individual will be recognized as “Employee of the Quarter,” and up to two individuals will be selected to receive special achievement awards.
- The Employee of the Quarter will received a $250 award. The Special Achievement Awardees will each receive a $50 award.
- Annually, one “Employee of the Year” will be selected from the four “Employees of the Quarter.” The “Employee of the Year” will receive a net check for $1000.
Employee of the Quarter Timeframes
- Q1 review covers nominations received from July 1 – Sept 30
- Q2 review covers nominations received from Oct 1 – Dec 31
- Q3 review covers nominations received from Jan 1 – Mar 31
- Q4 review covers nominations received from Apr 1 – June 30
- During Q4 selection process, the Committee also determines the employee of the year recipient.
Note: If there are a limited number of nominations or eligible nominations, you can request additional nominations from the division and/or consider past nominations as per the guidelines.