Join the SOL Team
SOL Team Application
The Student Orientation Leadership Team is composed of student leaders from across campus who display passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the University and reflect the diversity of the institution. They have a genuine understanding of the services offered by the Division of Education and Student Life and can effectively communicate how these services impact the MUSC student experience. Interested students should completed the application below.
Applications for the 2020-2021 Student Orientation Leadership Team are closed.
For questions regarding the SOL Team application process, please contact Dr. Dante Pelzer at email@example.com or 843-792-5620.
SOL Team Goals:
- Create an atmosphere of enthusiasm about campus culture, co-curricular activities, and opportunities for leadership development.
- Provide incoming students with pertinent information about services provided by the Division of Education and Student Life.
- Role model the values of the university and demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism.
SOL Team Member Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Attend and actively participate in all SOL Team trainings, orientation sessions, and other dates of service.
- Serve as a mentor and role model to incoming students.
- Work as a team with other Orientation Leaders and our professional staff.
- Participate and assist with the preparation and facilitation of orientation.
- Abide by and reinforce the core values of MUSC, all university policies and regulations, and state laws.
- Demonstrate the ability to be dependable, responsible, helpful, and flexible.
- Demonstrate the ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Create a warm, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all new students.
- Show respect for others and a willingness to appreciate others' views.
- Exhibit a desire to learn about the university and the services, experiences, and opportunities afforded to MUSC students.