The purpose of the MUSC Student Leadership Society is to recognize those individuals who have made notable contributions to the university through their character, service, and commitment to enhancing the university environment. Students selected for the Society personify the ideals of the university as being compassionate, ethical, proficient, and creative individuals who have demonstrated the qualities needed to be effective leaders and members of interprofessional teams. Students completing programs of study on campus or online are eligible for membership.
Members will be selected using the following criteria:
- Student has enhanced the MUSC community and its reputation through their service, co-curricular involvement, and scholarly and professional accomplishments.
- Student embodies the characteristics of servant-leadership which includes a commitment to the growth of others and building community.
- Student embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion by working effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Student promotes interprofessionalism and interpersonal respect and understanding.
- Student has contributed to university-wide or interprofessional initiatives on campus or online.
- Student has the potential for future contributions as a leader, not only in their own profession, but also in the broader context of health care or biomedical research.
- Completed nomination form (required)
- Letter of nomination from the nominator (required)
- Two letters of support from other MUSC community members (not required but highly recommended)
- Two-page resume or curriculum vitae (required)
Students can be nominated by any MUSC faculty member, staff member, or student. Self-nominations are accepted.