Student Health is happy to provide your allergy immunotherapy while you are a student at MUSC. Here are several guidelines for your therapy:
Allergy Clinic Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday:
8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Call to schedule your appointments at least 24 hours in advance.
- Allow 30 minutes after your appointment for observation by a nurse in the clinic. If you do not wait the full waiting time, you may be dropped from the program.
- The injections may only be given when a physician or nurse practitioner are in the clinic
- Please let the nurse know if you are experiencing any respiratory infection symptoms, asthma or fever, or any other signs of illness or flare-up of allergy symptoms. Don’t forget to tell the nurse if you have had any delayed reactions to previous injections.
To safely administer your injections, participants are responsible for providing SHS with the following from your allergist:
- Vials of antigen, with the contents, concentration, expiration date noted on each.
- Vials numbered or coded to match the instructions.
- Schedule indicating dosage increases.
- Instructions for missed or late injections and for management of local reactions.
- History of any significant local or systemic reactions.
- Instructions to reduce or withhold dosages with illness, wheezing or systemic reactions.
- Office phone number of the treating allergist.