We have registered our Emergency Medicine Residency Program with the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). This service uses the internet to transmit residency applications, letters of recommendation, Dean's letters, transcripts, and other supporting credentials from medical schools to Residency Program Directors. We encourage you to use the ERAS Student Workstation software provided by your Medical School.
You will complete an application and program designation list on a Student Workstation data storage device. You then deliver this data storage device to your Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, or other designated Dean's Office. At the Dean's Office, the completed electronic application and designation list are uploaded to the Dean's Office Workstation and joined with your transcripts, Dean's letter, and recommendations in an electronic file. Software at the Dean's Office Workstation transmits the files for the programs designated by you to the electronic ERAS Post Office, which then reroutes the applications to the Residency Programs of your choice.
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Medical School Performance Evaluation
- Medical School Transcript
- In order for an application to be considered complete, you must have three (3) Letters of Recommendation. At least two (2) of the letters should be a Standardized Letter of Evaluation (SLOE) or from an Emergency Medicine Physician.
- Personal Statement (limited to one page)
- USMLE transcript. DO Candidates with COMLEX transcript, must also provide USMLE transcript.
- A photo is strongly encouraged
The application deadline is November 1, 2018. Applications will not be accepted after that date.
We will begin reviewing ERAS applications and inviting EM Residency Applicants mid-October 2018.