Graudates at a commencement ceremony sitting in their colorful regalia.

Diploma Information


Check the spelling of your name and the degree received. The diploma directly reflects information you provided on your degree application. Subsequent changes in your name are made only when legal proof supports your request. There is a cost of $50.00 for replacement diplomas and there is a waiting period of up to 30 days.The Diploma is 11 inches by 14 inches printed landscape. 

Copying Before Framing

Before you frame your diploma, find a business that can copy large documents, and have several copies made. You may want to get some reduced copies; then have them notarized as true copies. This will save a lot of grief in years to come, especially if you are being licensed. Many states require exact copies of diplomas (reduced will do in many cases) and you don't know the meaning of "problem" until you try copying a large diploma that has been laminated on mahogany! The Medical University does not provide duplicate copies unless you can provide evidence that the original has been destroyed.

Diploma Charges

1. REGULAR DIPLOMAS. The cost of the diploma is included as part of student fees. This cost is non-refundable.

2. AMENDED DIPLOMAS. There is a $50 fee for amended diplomas. An amended diploma is when the original diploma that was ordered must be modified and reprinted:

a) because the student was unable to complete all degree requirements by the date stipulated on their degree application, and/or

b) because the student gave the wrong degree date or degree type on their degree application, and/or

c) because the student misspelled their name(s) on the degree application, and /or

d) because of any other change within the control of the student. Note: There is no charge to the student when an amended diploma must be ordered due to an error made by the University or in the process of manufacturing the diploma.

3. REPLACEMENT DIPLOMAS. There is a $50 fee for a replacement diploma when the original diploma was lost, destroyed or there was a legal name change. 

Persons requesting a replacement diploma must complete a Diploma Request Form which must be notarized and provide reasonable proof that the original was lost or destroyed.

Requests for diploma replacements for deceased alumni by a spouse or child will be considered if accompanied by the written request noted above, an explanation of the circumstances, a death certificate and/or obituary, and documentation of the relationship. MUSC reserves the right to determine whether such a replacement is possible and appropriate.

Replacement diplomas will not be provided for extra copies, gifts, or for licensure or employment purposes. 

Note: All replacement diplomas will carry the name and date of the original degree, but signatures will be those of current officials of the University.