College of Health Professions Distinguished Alumnus Award
Established in 1986, the Distinguished Alumnus Award is the highest honor bestowed by the College of Health Professions Alumni Association. The Award is given annually to one or more graduates of the MUSC College of Health Professions in recognition of outstanding professional achievement, service to the individual’s profession, the community, the College, and/or the University, excellence in leadership, professional growth, and/or educational advancement or service.
The Distinguished Alumnus Award is presented to an alumni member for outstanding, unique, and enduring service to the alumni association, the college, their community, and/or their profession over a period of ten years or more. Previous recipients are not eligible.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional practice, education or community
- Current or previous participation in a professional organization at the community, state or national level
- Current or previous service in professional organization(s) (i.e. serve in leadership role, participate on committee)
- Published articles or submitted grant applications
- Introduced new technology, invention, or practice techniques
- Demonstrates active involvement with the College of Health Professions through membership in the Alumni Association or participation in its activities, providing guest lectures, participation in recruitment or admissions activities, etc.
- Current or previous participation in continuing education either through attendance or as a speaker
- Received or is pursuing an advanced degree
- Current or previous participation in service to the community in civic organizations and/or service groups
- Received recognition for outstanding accomplishment in activities unrelated to profession
Please note: The alumnus need not meet all criteria to be nominated and considered for this award.
College of Health Professions Alumnus Service Award
Established in the fall of 2016, the Alumnus Service Award is presented annually to one or more graduates of the MUSC College of Health Professions who have given selflessly through extraordinary activities that benefit the university, the college, their community/organizations, and/or their profession. Nominees must demonstrate an ongoing commitment to service and serve as a model of volunteerism for others.
These service activities should reflect a member's contribution in terms of time and/or expertise. The activities should serve to benefit a deserving population and as an inspiration to others. Previous recipients are not eligible.
College of Health Professions Emerging Leader Award
Established in the fall of 2016, the Emerging Leader Award is given annually to one or more graduates of the MUSC College of Health Professions who have shown exemplary leadership and dedication towards the Medical University's College of Health Professions and/or their organized profession as a whole.
The nominee must be an alumnus of the College of Health Professions who has been in practice ten years or less. The nominee must have demonstrated leadership in practice, education, service, research and/or the community. Nominees must demonstrate an ongoing passion to participate in Alumni Association activities and/or in Alumni activities within the College of Health Professions. Previous recipients are not eligible.
College of Health Professions Outstanding Achievements in Research Award
Established in the fall of 2016, the Outstanding Achievements in Research Award is presented annually to one or more graduates of the MUSC College of Health Professions whose contributions to the field of research is helping to advance their profession.
The nominee must be an alumnus of the College of Health Professions who makes meaningful contributions to scientific knowledge of their profession and has demonstrated excellence in the performance of research. Accomplishments may include one or more of the following:
- Development and/or advancement of technology
- Innovation or advancement of treatment efficacy and effectiveness for patient care
- Translation of research evidence into clinical practice
- Grant fundingScholarly publications
- Scientific presentations
- Management of a research lab/team
Previous recipients are not eligible.