MUSC is extremely proud of its alumni and realizes that the ongoing success of the University is largely dependent on the success of its alumni. For this reason, the Office of Alumni Affairs serves as a resource dedicated to providing administrative and leadership support to the alumni of MUSC.
Alumni Association Benefits
- Lodging discounts at first-quality hotels and inns.
- Discounts on MUSC insignia items through the MUSC Bookstore.
- Discount on Weight Management Center Programs
Active members and their spouses who participate in the most popular MUSC Weight Management Center programs (i.e., “First Step”, “Focus-15”, “Focus-23”, “Focus-27”, or “HealthFast”) receive special discounts.
- One day guest pass for the MUSC Wellness Center as an alumnus. To request your guest pass please call the Alumni Office at 843-792-7979 or email email@example.com.
- Discount rate for St. Luke's Chapel rental. Contact chapel director Elizabeth Brown at 843-792-6775 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Use of MUSC's Alumni Library Resources.
- An official class ring for prior and future graduates of the Medical University of South Carolina was unveiled on campus in April 2004.
- If you are a resident of South Carolina, you can order MUSC license plates! Not only can you proudly show your affiliation with MUSC, but you will also be supporting the MUSC scholarship program. Forty-dollars of the total cost will be designated as a tax-deductible gift that helps fund student programs sponsored by the MUSC Alumni Association.
- MUSC Matthews Bookstore offers a variety of insignia items including MUSC gifts and apparel as well as medical supplies, medical books, and now a PDA store!
If you are looking for a new career opportunity at the Medical University of South Carolina or job postings from organizations specifically seeking to hire MUSC graduates, please utilize the resources below:
Use of MUSC’s library services include check-out privileges (books and audiovisual materials) and reduced rates for bibliographic searches and document delivery.
These services are available with a current alumni association membership card. Because of vendor licensing restrictions, most library-subscribed e-journals, ebooks, and databases cannot be accessed off campus. Alumni are invited to access these resources by visiting the MUSC Library.
MUSC Librarians have developed a page of free recommended resources. The South Carolina Physicians’ Virtual Library includes resources for clinical trials, journal articles databases, evidence-based practice, patient education, ebooks, drug information, mobile device apps, dictionaries & directories, associations & organizations, and websites.
For additional information, please contact MUSC Library by calling 843-792- 2381.
Transcripts and degree verification
All transcript requests are managed by National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) on behalf of the Medical University of South Carolina. Request an MUSC transcript from the NSC transcript ordering center.
All degree verifications are managed by the MUSC Office of Enrollment Management in partnership with the National Student Clearinghouse DegreeVerify program.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Enrollment Management.
In addition and possibly even more importantly, the MUSC Alumni Association provides resources to enhance alumni programming, serving as the bridge between our alumni population and the University, and contributes to the ongoing success of our students by offering scholarships to those who excel, based on financial need.