The MUSC College of Nursing Alumni Board consists of 12-24 members and provides volunteer leadership to assist with the following responsibilities:
- Encourage and maintain the relationship between alumni and the College and facilitate a connection to the College for students as they join the alumni family.
- Serve as an advisory group to the College leadership regarding alumni engagement
- Advocate the needs and concerns of alumni
- Implement alumni programming to enhance career and social networking opportunities
- Promote and cultivate leadership while encouraging alumni to support the College both financially and through volunteer activities
The Board shall meet twice annually, once in the fall semester and once in the spring semester. Smaller committees shall meet throughout the year.
The MUSC College of Nursing Alumni Board this year will focus on several main engagement activities:
- Hosting and/or organizing alumni receptions throughout the region
- Alumni-to-alumni mentoring