The MUSC College of Pharmacy Alumni Association accepts nominations each fall for awards to be presented during the College's annual Hooding Ceremony.
Distinguished Alumnus Awards
The Distinguished Alumnus Award is given in recognition of outstanding achievement in the profession of pharmacy and service to the college, profession and community at large.
The recipient must be a person who has demonstrated pride and loyalty towards the College of Pharmacy and who, by his or her integrity and stature, has brought honor to the college and university and who will continue to be a role model for all pharmacy practitioners.
- Has demonstrated excellence in the profession of pharmacy throughout his/her career
- Has been a pioneer in pharmacy practice, education or research
- Has distinguished himself/herself by notable achievements credited to him/her over a continual period of time
- Has served as an officer and/or active worker in local, state and/or national professional organizations
- Has served as a member of a professional regulatory board or commission
- Has served as a member of a commission or group advancing the cause of pharmacy or health care
- Has been actively involved in local, state or national government
- Has been a leader in community civic organizations and/or service groups
- Has been a leader in church or religious activities in the community
Stewardship to the College of Pharmacy:
- Has given of personal time to assist the College of Pharmacy in meeting its mission
- Has kept the College visible to other alumni and to the community
- Has actively and admirably served in the area of student recruitment
- Has given of his/her financial resources to assist the development of the College of Pharmacy and its students
Honorary Alumnus Awards
This award is given on occasion to an individual who is not an alumnus of the College of Pharmacy but who, because of long, dedicated, and distinguished service, has become a notable and important part of the MUSC Pharmacy family.