access intranet after hours circle-arrow apply blog caret circle arrow close closer look community outreach community outreach contact contact us down arrow facebook lock solid find a provider find a clinical trial find a provider find a researcher find faculty find-a-service how to apply join leadership left arrow locations logo make a gift map location maximize minimize my chart my chart notification hp notification lp next chevron right nxt prev pay your bill play previous quality and safety refer a patient request a speaker request appointment request an appointment residents corner rss search search jobs Asset 65 submit a story idea symptom checker Arrow Circle Up twitter youtube Dino Logo External Link University Logo Color University Logo Solid Health Logo Solid Arrow Right Circle Book Calendar Date Calendar Search Date Diploma Certificate Dollar Circle Donate Envelope Graduation Cap Map Pin Map Search Phone Pills Podcast

Ending Your Employment at MUSC

Employees in H-1B status must notify the Center for Global Health prior to leaving employment, regardless of the reason for the end of the employment (termination, voluntary resignation, sponsorship from another H-1B employer, etc.). MUSC is required by law to report this information. H-1B employees are also required to provide CGH with forwarding contact information.

There is no official “grace period” for H-1B status after the period of authorized stay in the US ends. You should plan to depart the US immediately at the end of your employment (authorized period of stay) if you have not received a change of status or if another employer has not filed a new H-1B petition on your behalf.