Skip to content
Role of the Coordinator of Clinical Education (With Administrative Support)
The Coordinator of Clinical Education
- Administers the facility's clinical education program.
- Coordinates assignments and activities of students at clinical education sites.
- Selects qualified clinical instructors (CI) for student assignment.
- Distributes information about the curriculum, evaluation materials, clinical education experience objectives, and student packet information to the appropriate CIs.
- Maintains current APTA Clinical Site Information Form (CSIF).
- Communicates with the ACCE, CI, and student.
- Educates and develops CIs skills as needed
- Assists CI in developing instructional strategies for each student experience.
- Assists CI in alternatives for remedial instruction for students as needed.
- Assists CI in evaluating the student as needed.
- Reports any student who is having difficulties that may result in the student failing the practicum to the ACCE as soon as possible.